Are you also facing issues of no sound during Screenshare in Discord? If yes, then you have arrived at the right place. By following the given steps, you will be able to solve this problem on your own in minimum time.
Before we begin to solve the issue, let us first discuss why the issue occurs in the first place.
Reason Behind Discord Screen Share no Audio Issue
This issue is caused mainly due to the fact that the Discord app may not be able to load properly on your PC, or perhaps the screen share does not work as it should. Other reasons could include problems with audio features, improper audio drivers, applications, and also stream incompatibility errors. The Antivirus on your computer can also cause troubles.
This error is really frustrating to the people facing it. One of the major causes of not having audio during screen share in Discord is faulty audio drivers.
Soon after the launch, Discord Screen Share is gaining popularity among gamers. But, with such bugs in the service, it gets really irritating for the users. There are plenty of other reasons too for the same. The following are some details about all the possible reasons that cause no audio issue during screen sharing in Discord.
1) Problems in Audio Feature:
Since the launch, Screen Share was very problematic due to the bugs in it. But with passing time, many updates were brought in that solved the no audio problem for many. So, if you have not updated your Discord app, then you are more likely to face this issue.
2) Problems in Audio Drivers:
If the legacy audio drivers in Discord are faulty, then you will also face the problem of no sound. Discord also uses audio drivers like many other applications. If these audio drivers have a problem, that could be a reason for the issue you are facing.
3) Administrative Entry:
Discord needs administrative permissions while sharing the content of your screen with others. If you have not allowed Discord for the same, then you might have a bad experience using Screen Share in Discord.
4) Improper Applications:
Some applications do not go properly with Discord. Due to the Discord algorithm, some applications that you might have installed can cause issues while using the app. Thus, you will have to look for some alternatives.
5) No Route Error in Discord:
If there is no route for voice in Discord, then you might be facing the issue of no sound during Screen Sharing. You will need to change the voice and audio settings in order to fix it.
6) Stream Incompatibility:
If you want to Livestream while using Discord, then it is not a good option. You should rather try some other software for this purpose. You will face no audio error and can also cause the game to stop working properly.
Some Antivirus software can damage Discord files. If you try to login to Discord using your web browser and the issue still persists, then you need to check your Antivirus. Try disabling the antivirus software and then use Discord.
If you are facing the issue of no sound while screen sharing on Discord, then it is very easy to solve it. Screen sharing is a very useful tool, and everyone must be able to use it. You can share what is on your screen, and also voice call at the same time. By the addition of this feature, Discord has opened the scope for many useful applications.
Fix Suggested by Discord
If you are using the web browser version of Discord for screen sharing, then this fix is for you. It is suggested to try this fix first, as it is suggested by Discord itself.
Follow these steps:
- End the present session of screen share, and refresh Discord. You can do that by pressing Control + R.
- Close and reopen your web browser. Try to play an audio first, and see if it works properly.
- Now open Discord and see if everything is fine.
Screen Sharing on Discord is one of the recent additions, which makes it prone to bugs. These bugs make it harder for you to be able to listen to audio during an ongoing session. Follow the given steps to fix the issue:
1) Restart Your Computer:
It is one of the basic methods to fix the issue. In many cases, it does seem to work. A quick reboot, anyhow, does not help at all. Some apps running in the background can cause the issues you are facing, and restarting helps you with them.
Reopen Discord after restarting, and see if the problem persists.
2) Update Discord:
As mentioned earlier, a part of the problem of no audio during screen sharing is bugs. The developers of the app are continuously looking for and fixing bugs, so updates play a crucial role in resolving the issues.
Follow these steps to update Discord on your PC:
- Press Windows Key and R together to open the run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% and press enter.
- Double-click on the Discord icon, and then you will be able to find Update.exe. Double click on that too.
- Let the process take place, and launch the update when the update completes. This might take some time.
3) Provide Administrative Access to Discord:
Discord might have been working properly for you before the screen share update. Buy, after the addition of these features, the app needs to load a lot of resources. This leads to no audio problems during screen sharing in a lot of cases. You can solve it by granting administrative access to Discord.
You can do it by following the steps given below:
- First, you need to open File Explorer. An easy way to do so is by pressing the Windows key with E.
- After that, you need to navigate to the installed location of Discord.
- Right-click on the Discord application icon, and choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Then a dialog box will appear, click OK and save the changes.
- This way, you must be able to resolve the issue.
4) Prevent Using Discord on Full-Screen Mode:
Playing games while Discord is running in the background can be an issue too. While you are playing a game, this messes with the permissions granted to the Discord app, and can thus lead to troubles in audio connection. Thus, to avoid this problem, make sure to minimize Discord before jumping in for gaming action.
5) Make Use of Discord Activity:
Whenever you are playing a game, Discord can know that you are playing that particular game, and thus prevent no audio issue. For instance, if you are playing Fallout 4, Discord will realize it, and know that you are playing the game. This way, no audio in screen sharing issue can be resolved.
Follow these steps for enabling Discord Activity:
- Open Discord and go to the Settings menu.
- On the left navigation bar, choose Games among all other options.
- Locate Game Activity Tab, and add activity.
- Turn the toggle button in front of the Discord Overlay Tab open.
- This way, you can turn on Game Activity. Check if the issue is solved or not.
6) Update Audio Drivers:
Faulty Audio Drivers can cause tonnes of problems, and getting no audio during screen sharing in Discord is one of them. So, to avoid all this hassle, you need to keep Audio Drivers up to date, among other drivers.
This is how you can update Audio Drivers:
- Press Windows Key with R to open Run Dialog Box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key.
- Look for Audio Inputs and Outputs category and Right-Click on Sound and Hardware.
- You will find an option saying, Update Drivers. Click on it and restart your PC.
- This issue must fix the no sound issue from Discord. Check if the issue is still there. If yes, then proceed to the next solutions.
7) Reset Voice Settings on Discord:
If nothing else is working, then you can opt to completely reset the voice setting in Discord. This way, any tweak in settings that may be causing the trouble can be eliminated.
Follow these steps to know how you can reset Voice Settings in Discord:
- Open the Discord application, and go to settings.
- There, you will be able to find an option called ‘Voice and Audio’ – click on it.
- Scroll down and locate an option called Reset Voice Settings.
- This way, all the bad changes in the settings will be eliminated.
- Click on OKAY and check if the problem persists.
Why is your Discord Screen Sharing Not Working?
There are a variety of reasons why Discord Screen Sharing is not working in your PC. These include if your PC considers Discord to be problematic, or if the Discord application is not up to date. Another reason could be the unintentional toggle on for Mute Screen Sharing.
Getting a black screen while trying to share the screen on Discord is a vast problem. Discord is an app used mainly by gamers. Gamers make use of the Screen Share option in the application to discuss strategies, or even see your progress and communicate on it.
Imagine you are playing PUBG with your friends. You were told by one of your friends to turn on your screen sharing. While you are trying to do it on your PC, it crashes. The same happens if you try to do so on your phone. This will make you frustrated as your friends are waiting for you to share the screen.
Suddenly, you realize that you have not updated the Discord application. Once you update the application, the screen sharing works just fine. Now, you can enjoy playing games with your friends easily and can share the screen with no issues at all.
Generally, there are not any such major problems during screen sharing on Discord. There are some minor exceptions, which can be fixed by updating and such small tasks.
If you download Discord from improper and third-party methods then you can face more such issues. These issues can be avoided if you download Discord from trustworthy and official sources only.
The Screen Sharing option is located initially on the Discord Website only. So, to be able to use the Screen Sharing option, you must download the program from Discord’s official website. Or, you might have to face many more such troubles otherwise.